Thursday 14 April 2016

The Future of DawnofMidgard

Heya. The population on DoM has come down to 250 (including vendors) and that threw my rogue plans out of the window. Its basically a desert with 1-2 people randomly joining and leaving.

The only thing which seems fun is providing leech using my Prof. So, I have set up leech service in Ice Dungeon. It seems pretty good since I can pull out 60m exp/hr.
The good part, I get lots of interesting people. Some of them are quite shy and few others cant stop talking :P. Atleast this way I get to meet and party with new people XD.
The bad part is that I get 1 customer in 3 hrs. Its a lot of work and I usually read a book while looking for people on #main. Also few people like to compete by saying that they can pull 100m+ exp just to annoy me :P.

I feel sad because the server had a real good potential, but they just messed it up with bad decisions. The management seem more focused on creating a WOE server with few hats thrown in to cater PVM players. Every material required for WOE can be farmed using BG. This makes PVM rather useless as everyone can farm their mats in BG. Moreover they have also included cards like Cloud Hermit, Orc Archer.. and the corresponding boxes in BG. Currently the staff is looking for a method to help new woe guild to catch up with the old ones(might include obtaining equipment from BG).

The biggest let-down I had in the past few days is the that people have found a way to bot on this server. I have encountered 3 such chars at Orc-Ladies. They are very clever to schedule the botting when the GMs are absent.


In the meantime, I will just continue to provide leech services with my prof. Hopefully, I get to see more people on the weekend.

Oh BTW, someone gave me 310m as he was quitting the server, but me being noble and all refused the deal =.= Yea, sometimes my stupidity is beyond reason.

-Coco

2 comments:

  1. Hey Coco! If you're looking for another server to play when you're not leeching with your Prof toon, New Chaos is currently under development and will be launching on May 27, 2016.

    A quick glance at the features:
    - Levels: 99/70
    - Rates: 5x/5x/3x
    - Cards: 0.03% Normal / 0.01% MvP
    - Mechanics: Classic Pre-Renewal
    - Episode: 13.2 Into the Unknown
    - Transcendent Classes Available

    If you're interested, head on over to http://www.newchaos.net/ and join our Community Forums to help shape the server through suggestions and beta testing.

    See you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thats a very interesting server with some awesome features. To be honest, there is practically no competition for you as most of the servers are pre-tran/vanilla.
      My only complaint, is that you have no advertisement/hype and the current website looks dull.
      However, I would gladly try out the server if you have 300-400+ players at the start.

      Delete