Tuesday 25 March 2014

Choosing Server and Class

Well hello again.

Today I spent quite a while to decide on a server to play. I usually play low rate, non-renewal servers.  Why? Cause I just like-old school and renewal is kinda boring. To be honest I rather play a new game than renewal-255lvl high rate server. Its just not my type.

After checking out all the threads on RMS i.e http://forum.ratemyserver.net/low-rates/, I have decided to play on ElariaRO. Its is opening on 1st April so it gives me some time to wait. I actually know few players on the server: Thae and Phoenix. On the note of finding the right server, I want to share few of my tips:

  • Choose a fresh server: Well it gives you the old school feel. Leveling from scrath with just no equips and no place to buy them is quite fun. Also, if you play carefully, you can control the whole economy of the server. If you like to join your friends and just let them farm gears for you, ignore the first tip.
  • Check the website: This is self explanatory. Make sure the standards are good and check all the info. You don't want the whole server to fail cause they didn't have DDOS or nodelay protection.
  •  Check the forums: This is the most important factor in choosing the server. It gives the detailed information on the server and the owners. It also tell you how many players are expected during the launch and participating guilds. It also gives you info on woe:pvm players. If you are playing some tough classes like sage or crusader, try making a thread for a party on server launch. Try to act friendly, you may get free undershirts just cause you mentioned Naruto in Anime section :P.
  •  Check Rankings: if your server is recently opened check how many people have transed or where the major people are stuck at. This may help you when you choose a support char. Most servers aloow access to their rankings without registration, so it should be fairly simple. The rankings also provide info on Zeny and Guilds. Some servers also provide info on who's online and map locations.
  •  Get to know the GMs: Check around the forums and find out their behavior. Some of them don't listen to any suggestions while others implement every idea suggested. Figure out how they stand out. It may be essential to the server in a long run.

 That should be sufficient enough for a quick review of the server.

Now for the classes...
I generally tend to play Whitesmith as my main class. However, it requires a lot of dedication and I just wanna play casually. People say starting a blacksmith is way too tough and expensive but when I do it, I end up at lvl 99 on the second day with around 12-16m zeny and laugh at those priests in Sphinx. After changing to whitesmith, I usually earn ~100m in the first week and that's without vending. I might actually post a guide to it later.

I have tried thinking of other classes i.e LK, Assasin and Wizard.

Lk is pretty much mob and BB to death. It is fun to lure large mobs of mobs to party but it gets obsolete in DG and New World.

Sin in pretty decent. With hide and grim, I could go to many places and probably reach 99 on day2-3. But sin is pretty much solo play, so I would probably be forever-alone.

Wizard seems pretty fun. I would be needed in all the parties. Moreover, I do have good experience with Bios, so I could help out good guilds. I could actually try solo mobbing with my wizard. Maybe try new techniques like frost nova and LOV or just HD everything to death. Fun fact: Wear a ulles and opera masque and nobody will doubt your gears as wizard.

Currently, I am might make a wizard. So expect a lot of wizzy screenies. I may make a SB monk if I find a good enough guild to do SM and Orleans farm.

Wow I never realized that I wrote such a long post. I will probably post some guide tomorrow.
Cya tomorrow.

-Coco

No comments:

Post a Comment