Monday 9 October 2017

My Retirement

Hello Everyone!!!

Well, everyone has their time and I guess its mine now. Yea, I am leaving RO behind.


The Beginning...

I started it way back when Turtle Island Patch was released. It was my first MMO and fell it love with it instantly. I cant believe how horrible I was at playing it. I had to call the customer support because I couldn't find the Swordsman Barracks for job change :(

I loved those times where Acolytes were like gods in the server and everyone prayed to get 1 in party. It was absolutely amazing when the whole party wiped at Munaks/Skel Workers. After having fun for about 6 months, Openkore got released and the fun kinda decreased. However, I still continued playing with my friends.

After playing official servers for around 1-2 years, I switched to Private Servers to have a look at transcendent classes.


The Middle....

I switched to from playing Official servers to Low Rate Private servers. Back then, the private servers had ~1k players and it was pretty fun to play on them without bots. The best servers I played was probably EternityRO. I learned so much stuff about Ragnarok by joining good PVM guild like Liberty and Loli Brigade. EternityRO was also the place where I fell in love with my Whitesmith :D

After all the PVM, I decided to give WOE a try. I tried applying to top woe guild using a support class and voila...I was in. It was quite a change from PVM mode. Every stat point mattered and the coordination was amazing. I traveled with WOE guild for almost 2 years. Finally the drama and the hate against random people outside guilds, made we quit WOE scene and join back to PVM.

When I came back after a break, the RO community became so small. Almost all low-rate servers only had 300-400. All the good people I knew moved on and the community became very.....nooby?:P .This is when I decided to take lead role in organizing parties.

The servers lasted like 2-3 months and I was constantly jumping from one server to another. I lost so many friends and screenshots from all the servers. This is when I started my blog to store my screenshots :P. Eventually, I started writing guides and people started enjoying them :D


The End...

Well, I lost most of my friends and I have to go and take care of some IRL stuff. Sadly, I have to say goodbye to RO.

I really would like to thank everyone who played with me and helped me with my journey. Good luck and enjoy life wherever you guys are :D


The Blogs' Future

Well, I really wish I started this sooner or had more time to make more guides. Unfortunately, there won't be any updates on the blog. I will monitor the comments once a month to avoid spam, buy no new content will be added.

I thank you all for being a part of the blog. Good luck and have fun.


For the last time~~
-Coco

15 comments:

  1. :( i hope you write more guide thanks coco and GL hope you comeback too sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cya man , thx for all the guides and info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sad. come play again. we need people like you

    ReplyDelete
  4. come play even at rare times :) no need to say goodbye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well thk a lot for your guide (it help me a lot ! )and ya, all the best !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just know about this. Thank you master. U help me a lot !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gg Coco, you brought me back to RO after reading how you play and enjoy the game, ty

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks a lot for the guides bro.. it helps alot..
    do you ever consider gathering all your work here and make put it all together in one file? like a pdf ebook or something..
    it will be awesomely Rad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. man reading your blogs bring back so many memories. ragnarok is truly a great mmo.
    good times, good times...
    Thank you Coco!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never had the Chance to meet and play with you on any Server but i really searched for new Guides to improve my Skill in Ragnarok more and more, i started to play Ragnarok again after about 5 Years, when i leaved it. Your texts really brought me some Tears into my Eyes... I wish you the best in the Life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish you the best. I didnt know you but we all loved the same game. I hope you're having a wonderfull time out there! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. It has not been logged in since 2017, that is for 5 years. Did you quit the game?

    ReplyDelete
  13. What does mean quitting the game? Is playing games something that can be abandoned? Can you stop living? You travel, you eat, you sleep. Can these be left? Playing games is a way of life. It is something that can be done from time to time, throughout life, to relax, to unwind, to pass the time. I've been playing Ragnarok for about 20 years. I am 68 years old. I still have Ragnarok installed on my computer and i play it occasionally, though very rarely. Half an hour of playing is enough. Because it's nostalgia. Of course, the game currently hosted by 4game is far from the number of players it had in its early days. I'm currently playing ESO. Ragnarok's biggest mistake is that it is almost impossible to beat the bosses alone. In ESO, i can defeat 95% of the bosses alone. 3-4% requires 2 people. An extremely small percentage requires 4 or more players. Because of these correct choices, 20 million people play the game. Currently, more or less everyone has a profession, that is, they work during the day, the majority of us are studying, some of us are married. So it is not always possible for 10-15 people to come together to kill a boss. This is Ragnarok's biggest shortcoming. It forces you to form a party to defeat each boss, and since the number of guilds that can do this is very small, the game is only playable for a certain group. The same goes for woes. For this reason, the game never developed and remained a game played by very few players. My English is not very good, I hope i could explain what i mean...

    ReplyDelete